Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oklahoma, Part Two

I finished the poster for Bill's party! I was pretty excited about it. :) Unfortuantely, the colors don't reflect truly here, the purple is more of a true purple and less of a plum and the blue is lighter, but it still looks okay digitally (better in print). I found a cool kind of bluegrass-inspired font and learned how to manipulate it a little to fall around the bottom of the state. So, that's one decoration done, now to focus on the rest. :)

It's been a fun side project. It gave me a lot of practice and helped me fine-tune my skills. Now, I'll just need to find more projects to help me grow and learn. And it's helped me keep my mind distracted from some things that are less than pleasant and this was really fun for me to do.



Happy (early) birthday Bill! Thanks for giving me the chance to practice some skills and plan a party!




1 comment: