When I took my ideas into Stephen, we found a winner (the one in the upper left-hand corner)and things are progressing nicely from there. After I polished it up a little (I got rid of the part that separates the "C" from the "H"), I scanned it into the computer and using the pen tool (my new best friend) I started to outline it.
While there is still come work to be done around the edges (especially with the "S"s), I'm making progress. Ultimately, this will be flipped on a 45-degree (ish) angle to go diagonally across the page and I'll give a shadow or 3-D type of effect to help it look more like an actual pawn piece. It's hard to see the pawn shapre from this angle, but it was easier to trace if I made it horizontal. As a side note, I'll try to be better about posting during the process and not just at the beginning of the process and the end of it. As for "Chess," it's getting there. More details to come with this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment