After a lot of work, a fair amount of frustration, and lots and lots of use of the pen tool, I finished my posters! I'll be honest, this was an interesting project. I won't keep you waiting, here they are:
I really liked the way they turned out, but they did come about after a good deal of frustration. It seemed throughout the whole process that my teacher wasn't a fan of my ideas, some comments were direct, "this can be better," and others were perceived. Towards the end, it seemed like the majority of my classmates were receiving praising comments, while my projects still weren't good enough. However, not to be deterred, I kept working and really liked the ways these turned out. Ironically, while I wasn't really excited about the "Chess" piece, it ended up looking really cool. When I finished, Stephen said that he really liked the way they turned out and I said that I was happy about that since I felt that he didn't like what I was doing. He said that he was really rough on me, but likes the way they turned out.
Lesson gleaned from this project: it might very well be that he is so tough on me because he sees a potential that I don't see or knows that I am capable of doing more and being better. In the end, and even during the process, I appreciate his comments, feedback, and, yes, even his being tough on me because they help me create things that are much cooler or more interesting than what I originally thought.
Will I win the contest or have any of these posters chosen by the theater (it has happened before)? Probably not, but I can take satisfaction in knowing that my hard work paid off and if nothing else, Stephen and I like them. Plus, I learned a lot of new skills, including the gradient tool (which is awesome) that helped elements of "I Am My Own Wife" and "Chess" pop and look much better.
My next project is to design album art for an artist whose album is found on a website called Jamendo. I've started listening to some music that I like in general, and we'll see what inspires me and what I create. Stay tuned. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment